Monday, January 16, 2006

narnia, chocolate fountains, the 80s, koreatown, and crittle!

While I've written several posts since I've been back in CA, I don't think I've said yet that I'm really glad to be back. During our first day of classes during the Wednesday chapel I realized how blessed I am to be at such an amazing school, with brilliant professors, with the friendships that are continuing to develop. There have been lots of fun times that I haven't posted about so here are some pictures and stories from some of those times...

Sarah, me, Sophie, Denise, and Rebecca at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood. The El Capitan Theatre is owned by Disney and whatever Disney movie is out at the box office is featured at the El Capitan. Right now, it is Narnia! If y'all haven't seen Narnia, I highly recommend it--it is the first story-The Lion, Witch, and the Wardrobe in the Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis. The El Capitan had all kinds of special effects including snow falling inside the actual theatre during the movie! There was also a tour of props and costumes from Narnia after the movie. The theatre was decked out with minature versions of the frozen statues and monsters heads--way cool stuff. I still can't get over the fact I live down the road from Hollywood--so crazy!
So my roommate is a little crazy at times and bought a chocolate fountain. Yes, I thought she was nuts at first but after our chocolate fountain party I realized what a smart girl she truly is. Is there anything more fun than dipping marshmallows after stawberries after peanut butter covered preztels in chocolate? Mmm! We had a lot of the girls in our apartment complex over for a huge chocolate fountain fest. So yummy! This is a picture of Emily admiring her chocolate fountain.
Happy 25th Sophie! As Sophie turned a quarter of a century, we had to celebrate in style--80's movies style that is! I realized that I really don't remember a whole lot from the 80's considering I was only 7 when the 80's ended. I found this fabulous hat and was going to be Julia Roberts from Pretty Woman until I was informed that was made in the 90's. Convinced I had to wear that hat, Sarah, Sophie, and Crittle helped turn me into Bette Midler from Big Business. This picture is of me, Sarah from Pretty in Pink, and Becca from Revenge of the Nerds.
Koreatown! One of the best meals I have ever had--Dan showed us the ropes of Koreatown. We went to a fabulous Korean BBQ place where the waiters continuously brought out more food than I've ever seen in my life. We then went to a Korean ice cream place and then strolled around Koreatown to walk off our full bellies. In the picture--Crittle, Paul, Steffi, Alicia, me, Marie, and Dan.
While I love my new life in Cali I miss my Spiders! Crittle stopped by to visit for a couple of days on her way back to Berkeley. We had a blast catching up, exploring the city a bit, chilling, and of course some Crittle cooking lessons. She made the amazing dish below from the random ingrediants she found in my fridge. I walked back from class to a homemade dinner--it was amazing! It was also amazing to hang out out with one of my favorite senior girls and share where life has taken us in the last couple of months...thanks for visiting Crittle!

1 comment:

Emily said...

since when do you post HIDEOUS pictures of me without telling me?? thanks. :) and really, what is at all crazy about a chocolate fountain?? totally a household necessity. okay maybe it's not quite as versatile as a crock pot, but when are we having a crock pot party? yeah that's what i thought.