Thursday, February 08, 2007

Happy Inquirership to Me!

This Tuesday I was recommended to my Presbytery to be an Inquirer in the PC(USA) phase by my Committee on Preparation for Ministry (CPM). To be an inquirer requires a 9 essay application, an "interview" with my church, and a psychological evaluation. Once all of these steps were done, my Presbytery notified me of a meeting with my CPM. Accompanied by an elder from San Marino, I went to an hour long meeting with my CPM. During that hour I was asked many questions--about my background, passions, time in seminary, and thoughts about the future. It was a lot of questions but I encouraged the experience and felt affirmed as I left the room for them to vote on me. I came back in and they said yes! I now am partnering with my church and this committee in discerning where God is calling me for the future--and whether that included ordained ministry. I still don't how this process will end but it's exciting to take this next step.

I got home and two friends surprised me and sang "Happy Inquirership to you" (think Happy Birthday) and "decorated" me to celebrate. It was a joyful celebration and I loved sharing it with friends. Here are some pictures of the celebration.Notice the blue suit! :)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations!!

Kelly said...

that's great news, jenn! i'm really happy for you. i'm planning on meeting with the candidates committee at my church when i'm home for spring break - i'll let you know how that goes.