Friday, November 11, 2005

real world 101

Oh boy...i think my life has been filled with transitions lately--same with the rest of you '05 grads. A transition to CA, a transition to grad school, and what I'm realizing even more, a transition to the real world. I swear they should have a class in college about things like budgets, cooking, how to choose health insurance, how to change a Brita filter (haha ok maybe that one is just me)... One of my biggest adventures here has been learning to cook. Because I lived in a dorm for four years I was able to rely on dhall, but now it's me, a kitchen, a grocery store, and some pots and pans. I've been getting 1 new recipe each week from my mom, cooking it on the weekend and then eating off of it all week long. I have successfully cooked chili and beef stronganoff...last week's attempt was meat loaf. NOTE: do not use eggs that have been expired for 3 weeks and make sure ground beef is not pink when you eat it. Oops...yeah I didn't eat that meatloaf anymore after that fun time with my stomach. I'm not sure of what this weekend's attempt will be...anyone know of any yummy and EASY recipes?

Oh the lessons I've learned in the last 3 months. But, as crazy as it is--I will be in Richmond in less than a month. That is both terrifying (I have sooo much work to do in the next couple weeks) and very exciting! I'll be in Richmond from Dec. 10-31, so if you're there or nearby let's hang out! Ok time to do some homework. Have a good one!

No comments: