Wednesday, February 15, 2006

big bear!

First--from my last post, the answer to the question is Bethlehem, and if you see the comment section Jenn H. left a wonderful explanation with the answer. Big gold stars go to Johanna and Jenn Howard!

This past weekend I was at the beautiful ski resort town of Big Bear Lake, CA. About a 2 1/2 hour drive northeast of LA, 33 of us Presbys at Fuller were transported from the smoggy 90 degree weather and busyness of citylife to the 40 degree weather (there was snow!) of tranquil country ski resort town life. We arrived Friday afternoon in Big Bear and enjoyed a weekend that challenged us the "Stewardship of Self-Care" presented by our fabulous speaker Brenda Mitchell. We also enjoyed quite a few hours of free time in which I spent exploring the the happening town of Big Bear, taking a frigid walk through the houses to see beautiful stars (a rarity in LA!), reading by Big Bear Lake, intense Mafia playing, and some hard-core camp song jam sessions (yes, Baby Shark is an amazing song). It was a great time to get away from the stress of midterms (yay I'm done with those) and enjoy quality conversations and laughs with each other. Here are some pictures, more to come!

Beautiful ski slopes on Big Bear Lake from the drive home. Let me tell you...I'm still getting used to the curvy mountain roads as beautiful as they are.

My duck friends while reading at the lake...makes me think of the crazy ducks at UR.Two of my favorite people--Sophie and Sarah and I out on the town of Big Bear. Check out the blueness of the sky and beautiful sun rays--I love LA but that is something I miss seeing!

2 comments:

Emily said...

okay so i'm kinda stupid but i thought the captions went with the pictures above them and not below, and so i thought you were saying the picture of the ducks was of sarah and sophie. ha. that'd be cool. it made me giggle. :)

Jennifer said...

haha, sarah and sophie are the best ducks i know:)