Sunday, May 14, 2006

23 Years

On May 6th I turned 23 years old. It's overwhelming to think of how things have changed in one year. A year ago I was about to graduate college from the University of Richmond. Now I live in LA--almost a third of the way done with a masters at seminary! In one year I was a college student, a camp counselor, a medical data entry office assistant and a grad student. Despite all the change--it has been a great year. From my times in Richmond with old friends, new friends at Duke and finally new friends in LA God has truly blessed with amazing relationships across the country.
How did I celebrate the big 2-3?
My actual birthday was an uneventful yet amazingly relaxing day. I enjoyed celebrating a joint birthday with George--the oldest seminary student, he turned 71! A week after my actual birthday I was "kidnapped" for lunch at a secret destination. My favorite hang-out restaurant in Richmond is Moe's Southwest Grill. Sadly I thought that Moe's did not exist in LA and had been missing their amazing queso for months! Much to my surprise my friends had found a Moe's close by and surprised me going there. Here's a picture of us at the fabulous Moe's:

Sarah and Sophie continued the birthday surprise fun by treating me to a pedicure. Here's a picture of me and Kernie (our stuffed monkey friend--to read more check out: http://the-adventures-of-kernie.blogspot.com/):


The day went on with continued adventures and laughs--thanks to my friends for making my birthday so special!!

No comments: