Thursday, June 01, 2006

Presby Banquet, Memorial Day, Foundations Pictures

Happy Memorial Day! On Monday the Presbys headed out to Garfield Park and spent the day grilling, playing volleyball, and hanging out. Here are some pictures from the day:

Look at our pyramid! Bottom: Jenn, Sophie, Becca; Middle: Denise and Sarah; Top: me
After much food and excercise we were tired seminary students....Sophie, me and Sarah
This is my new friend Daisy--Denise's beautiful golden retreiver. Since Daisy weighs as much as I do she took me on many walks or adventures around the park. It was especially fun when I was laying down and she dragged me on my belly into the middle of the volleyball game. Since then Denise has taught me how to discipline Daisy.
Aww...Sophie, me and Sarah. I have great friends! And of course, Kernie the monkey:)
The volleyball game. They played 4+ games! Here's Tim and Becca in mid-play.


Another big event of the last couple weeks was our final Foundations of Ministry small group. This is the random group of first year seminary students that we were placed with back in September. Since then we have met almost every week discussing some aspect of spritual traditions. I can't say that I'm not glad that Foundations is over. I'll still see my small group but it won't be under mandatory circumstances with mandatory discussion topics anymore. Here's my small group: me, Jesse, Dan, Noel, Pat, and Emily

Lastly was the Prebyterian Banquet--an end of the year celebration to honor our graduates.

This is a photo of the group "Westside Reformed"--see, we Presbyterians aren't always the frozen chosen!

Next year's Student Advisory Board--thanks to you all for all you do! Front: Alan, Ryan, David, our advisor Ron; Middle: Jenn, Sarah, Sophie, Denise; and in the Tree: Bob and Lisa

The group worshipping during the banquet.
Haha here's one of our graduates Reese looking a bit frightened at Becca.

1 comment:

Sophie Marian said...

So I'm not so sure about the picture where I'm scratching my nose, and I'm a little scared by the pic of Becca and Reese, but hey, they were both such fun days, so it's all good...