Saturday, July 22, 2006

Shoe Shopping

For me shoe shopping is never an easy feat. I wear about size 4 in women's. To buy tennis shoes or flip flops is no big deal--kids shoes look exactly the same and are cheaper--life is good. But to buy dressy shoes--well that is a whole different story. For Ring Dance (a large ball that most junior women at UR attend to receive their class rings) I searched for months to find white shoes only to pay more money for my shoes than my dress!

The time had come this year that I needed new summer dressy sandals. My current sandals were close to 3 years old and were showing it in age and style. Every time I went to Target I cruised by the shoe section--nothing. I checked out DSW several times and came out empty handed. Finally at the end of a day-long summer shopping trip I stopped by Nordstrom. Preparing to walk out empty handed I approached a salewoman. "Hi, I need a pair of dressy black sandals that are size 4 that are adult shoes." I fully expected her to tell me that they don't have anything under a 5 or even 5 1/2 as most shoes stores did. Surprisingly she pointed me to a shelf of stylish sandals. I picked up a pair of shoes and they fit perfectly! Having never experienced such a thing I pranced around the store happily admiring my new shoes in every mirror. I walked back to the salewoman and thanked her--and told her I had never found shoes so easily before.

The salewoman went on to tell me that twice a year Nordstrom puts on an "Over Under" sale. They ship in shoes from all over the LA area that are size 5 and under or over size 10. They then email all their customers who have signed up for this mailing list and put all the shoes on sale. I was elated! Never again would I struggle to find stylish, adult shoes that fit my foot! I had to share my find with the world. So to all you with odd sized feet go to your local Nordstrom today and your shoe shopping frustrations will be over. :)

No comments: