Saturday, October 07, 2006

The many adventures of the first 2 weeks...

When I moved into my new apartment I realized I'd be there for at least 2 more years and I wanted to spruce up my bedroom. San Marino youth group had Servant Day as a fundraiser so I had 4 guys from the high school youth group help me out and they did an excellent job!

Fuller held it's annual "Rooftop Party" on the Friday of our first week back to class. It is held on the roof of an art museum nearby. It's lots of dancing--DJ'ed by our hip hop expert professor--Dr. Ralph Watkins. Here's Kristin, me, and Audrey post party.

The next few pictures are from our Presby Welcome BBQ. It was a luau this year so we dressed the part. First picture--Becca and I.
This man is one of my favorite people on Fuller's campus. His name is BJ. He works in the library and has been at Fuller for years. He cares for the students in amazing ways--whether it's cooking Indian curry for students every Tuesday for lunch or greeting the 8am classgoers every morning or giving us lollypops in the library--he never ceases to bring a smile to my face. BJ won a pinapple at the BBQ.
Sophie, me, Sarah, and even Kernie the monkey decked out for the luau.
Finally...Chris and Ryan did some hula dancing for us as we were cleaning up.

The last pictures are from a Dodger's game with the Presbys. It was a great group with the new students joining us. Notice the Dodger's cap on my head--I decided that after the many Dodgers games last year that I am now a LA Dodgers fan...even if we didn't play very well that night...
A beautiful picture of the LA skyline from the top of Dodger's stadium.
And here's the birthday girl complete with a birthday crown! It was Sarah's 25th birthday the day of the Dodgers game...Happy Birthday Sarah!

No comments: