Friday, October 20, 2006

Year #2

This post is definitely late in coming since we are beginning Week 5 of a ten week quarter, but I figured better late than never... This quarter marks a lot of things. It marks a one year anniversary of me moving to LA. It's hard to believe that a year ago I stepped on a plane filled with many curious and terrified thoughts about the many unknowns that lie ahead of me. Nevertheless I've been here and year and while it's been a hard journey at times--I love it. This quarter also marks the beginning of my second year. Because I went full time (12 units a quarter) all last year and the summer my credits mark this as the beginning of my second year. 1/3 done of the way with a Masters of Divinity!

This quarter also brought with it many new things. One--my health is completely different than it ever has been. I am still feeling better than I ever have, loving food and eating, and even able to exercise now. Next week I'll be done taking medication and for the first time in my life in 10 years I won't be taking any daily medicine--pretty exciting. All that to say--I have a whole new energy and stamina level now and because of my new level of health school and life in general are better. A second new thing is my apartment. I moved in August to a much bigger apartment in a much quieter and less stressful location. I've had fun making the space my own--for example painting my bedroom blue. Coming home to my apartment is wonderful--I love the space and location. It's amazing how a peaceful living space makes life that much calmer. Finally, a third new thing this quarter is my job. I had been looking for a job since August when this job fell into my lap a few weeks ago. I now work at the front desk of a pyschiatrist's office. It's only 8 hours a week, pays super well, and is low stress--the ideal job for me right now. I like the environment a lot--great coworkers and I'm learning a lot about the world of psychiatry. It's also really nice to be out of the Fuller bubble a bit more.

There's a life update for you--God really does have things in control because a couple months ago I had no clue where I was going to live, how my stomach was going to get better, or what kind of job I'd find--and all three outcomes to those questions are far better than I could have dreamed--praise the Lord!

No comments: