Thursday, November 23, 2006

Faces of Cursillo

I already posted once about my Cursillo weekend in Texas. Over the past two weeks I have had the chance the process the weekend a bit more and am continually realizing what a life changing the weekend was for me. One of the most amazing parts of the weekend was the community. Here are a few of my favorite people...

This was my Cursillo roommate Robyn. She is a great woman who has overcome some serious obstacles in life with an amazing attitude.
The average of Cursillo participants and staff is about 50. It was a joy to be around such a diverse age group. However it was fun to have a few under 30 crowd. Here's some of the younger generation of Cursillo...Nathan, Steven, Alan, me, Beccca This is one of the staff involved in my small group--Lanee. We had a blast hanging out throughout the weekend. Margaret is a woman that showed me an entire new meaning of love. Larry and Bob declared themselves my grandpas for the weekend. Who says pastors can't have fun? Here's two of the three pastors from the weekend--Casey and Jeff goofing off. Finally, this is a picture of one of my favorite people from the weekend--Robin. She and I immediately connected during the weekend--at first because we're both 4'11'' but then realized that there was a much bigger connection. She and I have stayed in close touch since the weekend and at some point I'd love to visit her and family in Houston.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,
It was great to meet you in Houston and drive to Palacios. What a view! And what a place to "learn to fly". God loves us, that's for sure.
Talk to you soon, I'm sure.

love ya,
Sandra

Sarah Kennedy said...

I LOVE this picture of you and Robin and I am so grateful God brought her into your life!