Wednesday, November 15, 2006

learning to fly

I got back Monday from one of the most transformative weekends of my entire life.

I spent 4 days in the tiny town of Placious, Texas. Nestled aproximately 2 hours outside of Houston the retreat center lay on the beautiful Gulf of Mexico.

Why was I in Texas? I was at a Presbyterian Renewal Weekend called Cursillo. Much of the message of the weekend comes in the form of surprise so I'm not going to share many details of the weekend...please go experience it for yourself... :)

I have never experienced or felt God's love in such a tangible way. I lay in bed Saturday night unable to fall asleep--all that I could think was "I am so loved!" God loves you is a simple message that we hear often but this weekend commicated that message in an entirely new way for me. When one understands that message, you cannot help but be transformed. The title of my blog has a whole new meaning...

I'll leave y'all with a picture of a Texas sunrise....

No comments: