Saturday, March 17, 2007

All Done!!

I love waking up the Saturday after finals week--a day that doesn't start with a clock alarm or have a to-do list assigned to it. I woke at 9:30 and lie in bed thinking of the possibilities of the things I should do...wash my dishes, do laundry, or go for a run, but I kept laying there basking in the goodness of spring break. I think this quarter ended with bit more of a push than usual. I had an incomplete to finish in addition to my 3 classes. But, all ended well and was turned in by 4:05pm Friday.

I haven't given a life update in awhile so here are a few pictures and updates from the quarter...

--I got a new job. I'm working as the part-time assistant for the Student Leadership Project. It's a really cool project run by Chap Clark. It assigns urban minority students with Young Life mentors in high school. The mentors stay with them through college and help them get connected with a church. Finally, if the students chose, the Student Leadership Project will fund a good portion of their seminary tuition at Fuller. Once every 2 years the students and leaders come to Pasadena for 2 weeks for a time of leadership development, learning, and playing in LA. They are coming this June--which is a lot of what I'm working on. The job is only a few hours a week but I'm learning A LOT and getting to know some awesome people in the process. We'll see how it all goes!

--I've booked tickets to go to TX in April to visit Robin and other Cursillo folks. I'm so excited to go!!!

--And, our junior high mission trip is on the go. We leave on April 1st. Definitely be praying for us.

--Rebecca and Josh will be married in exactly one week! They met at Fuller about a year ago and almost instantly became a match. On March 24th in North Carolina they will make it official. Here they are on their co-ed wedding celebration (not bridal shower) at Fuller. This is everyone that came to the party. It was a good group.

--Finally, here's a picture of Pasadena from a window of an office building. The big white building with the rows of windows is a building at Fuller.

1 comment:

Becca Moran said...

I will be praying for you all as you are on the mission trip...