Wednesday, August 23, 2006

An Update

This summer has been one that I certainly did not expect. Tomorrow I have surgery to remove part of my small instestine and large instestine. I will be in hospital 4-6 days and then after a few weeks I will have recovered completely. The next couple weeks won't be fun but the long term effects of surgery will be worth it. There's a 50% chance I'll never have to deal with the effects of Crohn's Disease ever again. And whether I do have to deal with it again I will leave surgery feeling better than I have felt in the last 10 years--that is exciting.

Another update...I moved last weekend. I had been looking for a larger, quieter, and closer place to campus for awhile and last Thursday an apartment dropped in my lap. I decided it'd be a better idea to move my stuff before surgery. I was overwhelmed with help from the Presbyterian community--my stuff was moved quickly and easily. Thanks to everyone that helped out--you all are amazing.

Anyways there's a quick update--your prayers would be much appreciated over the next couple weeks for a quick and complication-free recovery.

No comments: