Saturday, January 13, 2007

Denise's Ordination

On Sunday January 7th Denise was ordained in the Presbyterian Church as Assistant Director and Chaplain of Office of Presbyterian Ministries at Fuller Theological Seminary.

Prior to the big day of Sunday--much had to be done. Denise had given the responsibility of the ordination reception to Fuller students so I spearheaded a team that put on that. By the end of it I felt like we had put on a mini wedding reception! Here's a picture of Becca and I setting up--and as you see from the picture--don't mess with us!
We also surprised Denise by flying in her twin sister from VA, and her 5 month old nephew--Caleb. He doesn't look too happy in this picture...but he's a cutie!
Presenting....Reverend Denise Overholser!

Denise with the participants in her ordination service.
Denise, Debbie (her twin sister ) and Caleb.
Onto the reception...Sophie looks like she has two small children:)
Sarah, Sophie, and I
Ron--the Director of the Office of Presbyterian Ministries--and Denise
Jaden was super excited because she had a Polly Pocket and thought that Polly might be related to me since I'm "Jenn Pocket" :)


All in all it was an exhausting day, but also amazing and emotional to watch a friend be ordained. Seeing the service made me dream about the future that lie ahead of us after seminary...ordained or not.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow, I think Denise's stoll is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog and your pics too. This may seem weird, but my name is Laura Knapp and I grew up in Meadville and Denise was one of our leaders in our youth group at church (the first presb. church of meadville) anyways, I'm trying to get in contact with Denise. I have no clue who you are, as you have no clue who I am, but I would so appreciate it if you could give her my email so I could get back in contact with her. It is lknapp4@hotmail.com Thanks so much. I know this is really weird, but I just can't seem to locate her without some help. Thanks, Laura

Jennifer said...

Laura,
I've passed along your message to Denise. Hope you get in contact with her!
Jennifer