Thursday, January 04, 2007

Ringing in the New Year...Pasadena Style

Ringing in the New Year in Pasadena, CA has a unique feel to it. The annual Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game are hosted in Pasadena. This means that people begin celebrating the new year early on the 31st and through the night of the 1st. As I drove home from church Sunday morning I took a route through Colorade Blvd. At 11:30am the street was lined with tents and chairs of people. Many camp out all night on Colorado to claim the best seats to watch the parade. Even those that aren't camping out stay up all night to be ready for the parade early the next morning.

I attended a party with some other Fuller friends. I then attempted to sleep 3 hours prior to my 4am wake up time for the parade. However it was so loud with most of the city awake that I didn't sleep at all that night. I got up at 4am, cooked breakfast with friends, and headed two blocks south to Colorado Blvd. Miraculously we found a great spot and we sat and waited several hours till the parade reached us. It was a beautiful parade and fun time with friends--and a celebratory time for USC fans. Here are some pictures from new year's eve and the rose bowl parade...
The first roommate picture we have---Julie and I.


My Gospels study group (me, Christina, Josh) reenacting our pre exam umm "highlighter ritual." It must have worked because I did well in the class!

Lisa and Chris came to the party briefly before camping out all night for the parade!

Anna, me, Becca, and Sophie. Anna and Becca hosted the new year's party.

Becca and I


The next day at the Rose Parade--it was a great day for the USC Trojans.
And a bad day for Michigan....

This picture gives y'all an idea of just how many people were at the parade....

This is the Trader Joe's float with our very own Shannon on it--how exciting!

Sophie and I watching the parade.

Sophie, me, and Becca huddled together to stay warm as we waited for the parade to start.


George Lucus (creator of Star Wars) was the grand marshal.


My favorite animals of the parade--the mini horses!


The theme of the parade was nature--so there was an unusual number of butterflies on the floats--yay!

This was my favorite float in the parade--the frog actually moved it's head and tongue to capture the running water.

The Fuller crew--Bob, Christina, me, Sophie, Becca, Dave, Alethia, and Ryan


The aftermath of the Rose Parade.....


And after a fun night and morning, here's us heading home to go to BED!

No comments: