Sunday, April 15, 2007

A restful weekend in TX

This weekend I traveled to Houston, TX for what I can only describe as a vacation. I went to Houston last November for a Houston Presbyterian Cursillo weekend. The experience in November was absolutely life changing as I learned and was shown at how much God loves me. Not only did I come away with that new understanding but I also came away with new friends. Robin and I were matched up as prayer partners and despite not spending a lot of time together during the weekend I left the weekend knowing that we had a powerful connection. We've stayed in touch since November and she has become an amazing friend, mentor, and family to me. This weekend I got to spend time with her family--her husband, Rusty, and their 3 daughters, Alyssa, Sarah, and Bethany. After the past few stressful weeks I needed these two days of rest, laughes, and catching up. Here's a picture of Robin and I:I also had the chance to see another friend from my November Cursillo weekend--Bob Williamson and his wife Louise. Bob has taken special care of us Fuller folks that have been to Houston Cursillos--he even told Becca and I that he considers us his grandkids! Bob has a heart of gold and I love spending time with him.
Finally I had to post the next picture. We were in a tiny local restaurant in Texas and I was amazed to see crosses on the wall! At this point--I knew I wasn't in LA anymore!

No comments: