Saturday, April 07, 2007

Life Together

Moving into my apartment last fall I saw many blank walls to fill. Being the poor grad students that we are, my roommate had the great idea to create art for our apartment rather than buy art. Today I had a painting party for my 3 closest friends. I gave them each a blank canvas, paint brushes, and several types of paint and told them to create whatever they wanted. Little did I know just how creative they would get!!!

Becca 's painting has our profiles . To capture the lines of our faces we had to do some pretty interesting lighting tricks...
Sophie's painting involved us placing our hand or foot in paint and stepping on her canvas.
And Sarah's painting is made up completely of words--words that describe our friendship. I painted a butterfly on my canvas with the Greek word for transformation above it. The four paintings now proudly hang on my bedroom wall and when I see them I am reminded of a word off of Sarah's painting, "Life Together."

No comments: