Friday, August 03, 2007

FYI

I feel compelled to share some wisdom with you all that my roommate Julie discovered in her First Aid training class...

When you need 911, call from a landline phone if possible. Calling 911 from your cell phone takes a long time because it doesn't go to a 911 call center. It goes to CA Highway Patrol who doesn't have funding to answer 911 calls--so it can take 10 minutes to get through-which is quite a lot in an emergency situation. If you don't have any other option than your cell phone then call 411 (information) and ask to be connected to the paramedics.

*I know this information is true in CA, not sure about other states--but it's always a good thing to check.

Hopefully y'all won't be calling 911 but it's always good to be informed.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I actually just called 911 on my cell phone the other day when I was in a hit and run accident and reached an operator instantly. But maybe it has to do with the time you call.