Wednesday, August 08, 2007

i did it!

I wrote in an earlier post that when I had my stomach surgery last August (a year ago in about 2 weeks) that I made a promise to myself that I would do a 5k. Saturday morning Sophie and I went to an annual 5k in a town a bit east of Pasadena. The 5K marked a big step for both of us. Sophie had not run a race since she had mono this past year.

I was not feeling very prepared for the race but as it started the adrenaline of the atmosphere, fellow runners, and idea of the goal kicked in and I was able to run much more of the race and do it in a much better time that I thought could. And what a great feeling! There is something so empowering to cross the finish line and say I did it! I'm psyched to continue training and becoming more healthy and doing more races.

Hooray for being healthy!

We did it!

3 comments:

yup said...

hello, my dear stalker! :) nice to see you admit who you are! :)

and yes, I did enjoy it... weird, so weird! :) (as in me!) Though I think i won't enjoy the final, for sure!

well done on the race, ps!

Jenny said...

Yay!

Kelly said...

Congrats, Jenn! I'd like to run a 5K one of these days, too.