Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Welcome 2 (to) H-Town!

After a brief delay from tropical storm Erin, I flew into Houston, TX Thursday night. I was flying in for training for the upcoming September Cursillo weekend and also using my time in Houston to spend with friends. The training time went very smoothly and made me very excited to serve with this superb team in September. I'll keep y'all posted on how that weekend goes.

The best gift of being in Houston was being able to see members of my Cursillo family in TX. It boggles my mind to be a part of a community that spans 2,000 miles! I visited fellow Fuller student and Cursillo friend Barbara at her house.
After spending much time with Barbara in CA when she came to take classes it was very fun to see her house, meet her kids, and play with her adorable dog Candy. I've decided that when I get a dog--I am getting a pug. How can anyone resist these brown eyes???
I stayed with Robin--a woman that I connected with during my participant Cursillo weekend back in November. She and I have stayed closely in touch since then. She has become an amazing blessing to me! Robin and her husband Rusty were gracious enough to open their house up to me even though they had just moved homes the day I flew in.
Here are the her kids--Alyssa, Sarah, Bethany, and the cat Tigger. It was lots of fun getting to know the girls more. They made me some lovely signs above the guest bed welcoming me 2 (to) H-town. :) I spent much time that weekend playing card games, playing Polly Pocket, and getting updates on 7th Heaven. All in all, I had an absolutely wonderful, relaxing, and much needed vacation in Houston.


No comments: