Friday, August 24, 2007

Here's to health!

1 year ago today I was having surgery to take out part of my intestines. I had been struggling with Chron's Disease since I was 13 and I needed surgery. The doctors told me that there was a 50% chance that I would never have to have surgery again or a 50% chance that I would have it again, as soon as in 6 months. Regardless of the odds, I left the hospital in celebration.

And that celebration has continued for me throughout this year. Hooray for eating anything I want....including spicy curries, sushi, all kinds of new raw veggies, nuts, everything that ends in -ito, and corn on the cobb! Hooray for not taking so many pills a day! And hooray for having enough energy and stamina to run a 5k! All of those things continue to remind of what a blessing health is. This year has passed without any issues with my stomach--Praise the Lord!

No comments: